Line counters provide a number of benefits while trolling:
Stay in the Strike Zone-The biggest benefit of line counter reels is it means you'll be spending more time with more rigs right in the sweet spot.
Depth Control-If you know exactly how much line you have let out behind the boat, it becomes much easier to gauge what depth your lure is running at.
Trolling Spread Management-When trolling with multiple lines behind the boat, staggering the amount of line on adjacent rigs can help reduce the number of crossed lines and tangles.
Easier for the New Guy-Your new crew can be setting lines back while you drive the boat. Its also easier to glance over and double check where they set the line, which is not possible if he was counting pulls.
This is why guides will almost always use line counter fishing reels when pulling a trolling spread.
This is very helpful when fighting multiple fish in the boat at once. With line counters, you'll know which angler is likely to have the first fish boatside and ready for the net.
- Lightweight corrosion resistant frame & sideplates
- Multi-disc, Carbonite drag system
- Aluminum handle arm with Ergo grip handle knobs
- 6BB + 1RB Stainless steel ball bearings
- Quick-set anti-reverse roller bearing
- Oversized machine cut brass XL drive and pinion gears
- Machined aluminum, two tone anodized spool
- Aluminum ratcheting drag star for precision drag settings
- Mechanical Stabilizing System for increased durability
Line capacity (lbs/yds):20/420 25/310 30/240
Line capacity (mm/m):0.45/320 0.5/260 0.55/210